Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

7-Day "It's FALL Y'ALL" Cleaning Challenge

Twice a year, I love to "deep clean" my home in anticipation of the changing seasons.  

Just like a "Spring Cleaning", I do a major "Fall Clean-Up" around the inside and outside of my home.

This September is no exception, and I've chosen this week to prepare our home for the upcoming Autumnal Equinox...or First Day of Autumn!

Here in the Midwest, we experience four distinct seasons and Fall is my absolute favorite.

  (In fact, my husband and I even got married in the Fall because I love this season that much!)

There's just something about crisp-air days scented with burning leaves and long dark nights cuddling with my husband and little ones before a roaring fire, that makes me happy, happy, happy.

So, to prepare for the upcoming holidays...the entertaining...the decorating...the cooking/baking...
 ...I plan to tackle each room and deep clean from top to bottom, thus creating a 
"7-Day 'It's Fall Y'all Cleaning Challenge"

Here is my cleaning schedule for the week...

Monday:  Formal Front Rooms (Living and Dining)

Tuesday:  Family Room

Wednesday:  Kitchen

Thursday:  Laundry Room/Half Bath

Friday:  Master Bedroom/Master Bathroom

Saturday:  Kids Rooms/Guest Room/Hall Bathroom

Sunday:  Front/Back Porches/Entry Way/Exterior Doors

As I make our home a haven for Fall, I will share with you my "cleaning checklist" for each room.

My kiddos are eagerly anticipating bringing out the Fall/Halloween decorations and so I'm planning on sharing with you a little virtual "Home Tour" after we get our decorations out.

What about you?  Do you deep clean for Fall?  I'd love to hear your schedule and/or any cleaning tips and tricks you might have.  Do you decorate seasonally?  I love to bring the natural beauty of  the outdoors inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment